Do you have ideas to make my days more adventurous?

Let me know!

Email them to: leah is traveling @ gmail . com

Friday, March 19, 2010

March 3: One more funny situation: check!

Funny situations seem to be attracted me.
-Mistaken for a celebrity: check.
-Unnecessary body guards: check.
-Awkward day with mafia: check.
-Home-made bombs: check.
-Catching a Costa Rican peeping-tom: check.
-Focus of a photo shoot: check.
(Seriously, i'm a good person, I just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time some days.)

For example, a team of journalists were also visiting the same village for the festival. They thought that, since we were the first white people to visit this village, we would make for a good section in their news articles.

Well, they had a photo shoot/interview of us for about 10 minutes until I decided it was my turn. I stood up and said exactly that, "Okay! Now it's my turn!" I motioned to my camera as they realized what I meant. They stood there shocked for a second and then turned to each other and laughed. Then, much to my pleasure, they gathered together for the photo you see below, still laughing. (I think this funny little foreign girl made their day).



No comments:

Post a Comment