Do you have ideas to make my days more adventurous?

Let me know!

Email them to: leah is traveling @ gmail . com

Friday, March 12, 2010

Feb 6th: Bhutanese Butter Tea


Today I was given a cultural delicacy.

Merriam Webster Online gives these following definitions:

Cultural: of or relating to culture or culturing

Delicacy: something pleasing to eat that is considered rare or luxurious

Now, the definition of delicacy explains the treat as being "pleasing to eat". Well, today I was given Bhutanese Butter Tea by my Bhutanese university student friends.

What is Bhutanese Butter Tea?
-1 pot of black tea
-about a cup of cream
-1 stick of butter
Mix together and viola!

I very much enjoyed their hospitality and cultural openness, but I guess a few things will remain an acquired taste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment