Do you have ideas to make my days more adventurous?

Let me know!

Email them to: leah is traveling @ gmail . com

Friday, March 19, 2010

March 1 (por fin!): A Humbling Experience

Day one of the festivities!

This was one of my favorite experiences traveling yet. I was in a small village that no white person had ever been to before...seriously! I felt like I was employed by National Geographic (which made me feel quite satisfied with myself since they are my heroes).

Throughout today the entire village participated in the festivities because each family created and then presented their own dance. It was great! We went from home to home experiencing their amazing hospitality. With every new threshold we entered there was another multitude of warm hands offering food (delicious) and drink (delicious but strong) into mine. My cup was never empty and I ate all day long. And the entertainment was stupendous. The dancing and singing lasted all day long and into the night.

To summarize this day into one word... WOW! It was truly a blessing to join in on these festivities. I felt so honored being welcomed into their homes...wow.

And let me mention... it's MARCH!! I've caught up to the real month!! Hip-Hip-Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment