Do you have ideas to make my days more adventurous?

Let me know!

Email them to: leah is traveling @ gmail . com

Monday, January 4, 2010

The start of a new year and a new trend


Meet me: Leah
(do I look like a serious enough photographer?)

Meet my camera: Jo

Everyday in this blog I will be posting one photo which describes my day and why it was a highlight for me.
This blog was the brainchild of two influences: a friend who took one photo per day and the blogging adventure of Julie in the movie Julie & Julia.

Who am I?
I'm a 22 year old who was given a nice camera and has been trying to become more dedicated with it. I have a love for photography but the perseverance in study escapes me. So throughout this year I will learn more about my camera one picture at a time. Not too painful, right?
So who am I?
I could try to tell you, but that should come out of my photographs. And since my passions are all across the board, I think it's an easier plan for me. Aren't pictures supposedly worth a thousand words? Since i'm a better photographer than I am writer, i'll leave it to my camera to do the talking.

How we met...
My Canon Rebel XTi was a gift to me before I left on a trip to China. My loving grandparents, Harold and Jocoba-Delores, gave it to me knowing that it would be well used and hopefully they would get more pictures of me out of the deal.
My camera, Jo, is named after my grandmother, who is also called 'Grandma Jo'.
She was less than thrilled at my idea, but I liked it and it stuck.
So here we are today, Leah and Jo.

Here starts a year long journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment