Do you have ideas to make my days more adventurous?

Let me know!

Email them to: leah is traveling @ gmail . com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27th: My Indian cooking lesson

Today during lunch my friend Ayophe taught me how to make her special dahl.

Here's how to make the magic: (by the way it was delicious!)

Ingredients:
- chopped garlic
- shredded ginger
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 2 chopped small tomatoes
- small package of dried red lentils
- chili powder
- garam masala
- rajma masala
- long (we call it cumin)

Instructions:
- Fry garlic and ginger in oil for 30 seconds...then add onion
- When above mixture is brown, add tomato
- Cook until tomato is tender, then add spices (whatever amount you want - we didn't measure and I never do either. See, I fit in here!)
- Fry until no oil is left, then add enough water for soup (depending on how much you want to serve)
- Add lentils
- Cover and boil about 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.

Serve on rice or with garlic chips (good luck finding them, i'd stick with the rice!)

Delicious! Go try it!

Love to my sister, Kristen.
Go try it and we'll make it together when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment